Activities on Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island provides a variety of activities suitable for those of all ages. Waiheke offers so much whether you just want to kick back and relax or experience everything on offer, you will be guaranteed to have an incredible island escape.
The list below are some of Waihekes most popular activities – and are a must if you are visiting the Island.
- Wine Tours – Waiheke Custom Wine Tours for private wine tours of Waiheke for up to six people. Call +64 22 692 0995.
- Wine Tours – The aptly named Waiheke Wine Tours provide custom tours to suit any budget, event or occasion. Call +64 21 438 222.
- Art & Culture – If you want to immerse yourself in Maori culture on Waiheke Island then Potiki Adventures is for you. Call +64 9 372 3477.
- Art & Culture – The Waiheke Art Gallery displays a range of exhibitions that inspire and delight – showing the best New Zealand art and promoting local Waiheke artists. Call +64 9 372 9907.
- Community Cinema – The Waiheke Island Community Cinema has been running for over 14 years. It is a charitable trust, run by a board of trustees and volunteers. Call +64 9 372 420:
- EcoZip – The Ecozip is a huge flying-fox that allows you to fly alongside a friend over some of Waiheke Islands most breath-taking views. Call +64 9 372 5646.
- Kayaking – For those who prefer activities on the open sea! Sea Kayak Waiheke offer a range of services, from freedom hire to full day guided tours. Call +64 9 372 5550.
- Off-road Segway – When you take one of the SegWai Journeys you will be immersed in the inner beauty of Waiheke Island – both on and off the road! Call +64 27 545 2323.
- Stand Up Paddle Board – Waiheke Board Riders is a water sports rental company that operates from both Oneroa and Onetangi beaches on Waiheke Island. Call: +64 21 727 794.
- Nature Walks – Walking by Nature offers guided walking tours, retreats and adventures on Waiheke. Experience the natural beauty of Waiheke with friendly and expert guides. Call +64 21 669 722.
- Wildtag, Claybird Shooting, Archery – Wild on Waiheke runs archery, claybird shooting, wildtag, and much more. Wild on Waiheke is great fun for those looking for an active day out. Call +64 9 372 4225.
- Fishing Charters –
- Waiheke Island Tour Operators –
What’s on Waiheke:
- Waiheke Garden Safari is in its 18th year this year! Check out the Garden Safari being held early November. Visit their website to book tickets and found out more.
- The Onetangi Beach Races are held at the glorious Onetangi beach late summer every year. Whether you are racing or just observing, it promises to be a day of fun for all ages.
- The Sculpt Oneroa movement occurs annually over summer, between mid-December and late February. Visit amazing sculptural works dotted throughout the village many of which are available for sale.
- The Waiheke Walking Festival is held annually in mid-November. The event takes place over 9 days featuring dozens of guided walks exploring vineyards, bush reserves and beautiful beaches.
- The Wharf2Wharf fun run occurs annually in January. There are courses of 7 km, 13 km or 25 km and it is up to you whether you walk or run! Be sure to register online if you wish to take part.
- The Waiheke Jazz Festival takes place over the Easter break. It provides an amazing opportunity to hear local and international jazz musicians and singers, at a number of venues around the island.